wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 10 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time.
This article has been viewed 3,473 times.
The season of autumn, where colourful leaves fall, is a favourite for many people. There are a lot of fun things to do in this season, such as taking a nature walk, making crafts, and more. This wikiHow will tell you how to make the most out of this beautiful season.
Part 1 of 3:
1Go for a hike. This activity really lets you enjoy the wonders of fall. Hiking is a fun thing to do, especially when done with family and friends. To get the most out of your hike, it can help to follow these tips and recommendations:
- Make sure to dress warmly.
- Bring food and water if the hike is going to be long.
- Remember to bring emergency shelter so you have a place to stay if you get lost.
- Have a tent, flashlight, and sleeping bag with you.
- Have a first-aid kit in case of accidents.
- Choose a hiking trail based on your experience. Don't pick a trail that is too hard for you.
- Choose an area with a lot of trees and pretty views in order to get the best experience. You can bring a camera to take get some pictures.
2Go for a walk in a park. If you're not interested in a long hike right now, a quick walk through lighter park trails might be a better choice. Many parks offer pedestrian trails and fun. This is an excellent time to watch the seasons change and enjoy the leaves.
- Try to get to a park with lakes, as it improves the overall visual experience.
- Go at a time when you're not busy so you can stay there longer.
- Take the time to enjoy nature and relax.
3Jump into a leaf pile. This is the only time of year where you'll get to do this! It may leave a mess, but it's worth the fun.
4Go apple picking. Going apple picking is a very relaxing activity. There are a lot of different places where you can pick your own apples. Make sure to get there when it opens so you don't have to deal with the apples already being picked!
- Take time while you're picking apples to enjoy the fresh, crisp air.
- Pick apples that don't have bug bites and haven't fallen to the ground.
- Some places sell apples by the bag. If this is the case, try to fill your bag with as many apples as you can.
- When you're done picking apples, put them in a basket to store.
- Remember to wash your apples when they're ready to eat.
Part 2 of 3:
1Carve a pumpkin for Halloween. This is an annual tradition for many families. You can carve a pumpkin by following these steps:
- Using a knife, cut out the shapes you want in the pumpkin.
- Make a hole at the top of the pumpkin as a lid.
- Scoop out the flesh and seeds from the hole you made.
- Now, you have a pumpkin carving that can be enjoyed whenever you want! You can light a candle in it for some extra beauty.
2Make apple cider vinegar. This is a great way to enjoy the tastes of fall. To make apple cider vinegar, follow these steps:
- Take some apples and cut them into small pieces.
- Put some of the pieces into a jar.
- Fill the jar with water, and close the lid.
- Stir the mixture every day.
- You'll have to wait for about a month. When it's ready, strain the apples out of the vinegar, and it should taste tart.
4Make paper leaves and hang them around the house. Try to make them as colorful as possible. Some colors commonly associated with fall include shades of red, orange, and yellow.
- You can hang them in bland spots that need some color.
- If you want, you can add additional decorations to the leaves, such as quotes, pictures, or drawings.
5Make leaf prints. This is a great way to capture the prettiness of fall.
- Take some pretty leaves that have fallen from trees. Make sure they're not dry or cracked, and that they are still fresh.
- Put some paint of your choice on the leaf. If you want to capture the colours of fall, consider matching the color of the paint to the color of the leaf.
- Press the leaf on anything you want for a pretty leaf design.
- You can even make a leaf collage using this method!
Part 3 of 3:
Foods to Enjoy
2Have some pumpkin flesh and seeds! When you have pumpkin seeds, roast them to make them more crunchy.
- You can try pairing pumpkin with pumpkin spice, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin pie, different drinks (such as pumpkin spice lattes), and apples.
- When choosing a pumpkin for baking or cooking, look for ones labeled as "pie pumpkins" or "sugar pumpkins" since these tend to be sweeter and more flavorful than the larger types.
3Try a variety of different foods! While apples and pumpkins tend to get more attention during fall, there are lots of other great flavors associated with this wonderful season. Some ideas include:Advertisement
QuestionWhat are some good Halloween costumes?Community AnswerSome good Halloween costumes include unicorns, pirates, and witches (the classic). Be creative! Make your own and be wacky and adventurous if you want a unique costume!
- Even though you're having fun, you should still prepare for winter around early November. Don't let the first snow be a surprise! Get snow tires shortly before the first snow comes. Get winter gear out and buy new stuff to replace gear that fits poorly or is in poor shape. Check the weather forecast to see when the first snow will come.