Have to eat in the cafeteria? You can still lose weight with these tips.
1Count your calories. Keep a small notebook with you for about a week or two to figure out how many calories you eat in a day. Average it out and cut that amount by about 500. While your consuming fewer calories a day your body will have no choice but to start burning fat. If you don't see a difference after the first few weeks try cutting back another 250 calories a day.
2If you're not wild about plain water, add some lemon or lime juice or another non-sugar flavor.
3Aim for higher protein food, less fat and carbs. Sodas are the worst for extra calories and carbs; try having a glass of water instead. Remember, that one or 2 sodas can be a whole 10 or 20 mins of working out! Chicken, fish, and beans are very good for you with low fat and high protein.
4Most cafeterias design their meals to be nutritious and well-balanced. If you find that the foods they serve are not meeting your needs then omit the items you don't need (i.e. the fries, pizza, tacos, burgers) and stick to the basics (salads, fruit, veggies). A multivitamin might also be beneficial. http://www.nutritiondata.com is a good place to find out what is in the food your eating.
5Eat anything you want but try to eat in moderation. Sometimes pizza is the only option but you don't have to eat the whole thing. Also be careful with strict vegan diets; while they will keep you lean and regular, unless you are sure to balance your diet you will miss out on a lot of important vitamins and nutrients.
6Every little bit helps. Sponge off your bacon with a napkin before you eat it. NEVER skip breakfast. It will slow down you metabolism and you will not lose fat as fast, also skipping breakfast is known to increase the risks of stroke! Avoid eating the egg yolk during breakfast as it is high in saturated fat and cholesterol. Skip anything deep fried.
7Add regular exercise in your diet. Aim for 45 minutes of a cardio activity 4 times a week. Go jogging, bike riding, or powerwalk through your mall. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away at work, get an exercise video and make the most of what you have (Zumba is excellent!).
8Join a new and legit program featured on ABCs television show The Biggest Loser. Designed to meet the nutrition specifications of Chris and Heidi Powell, the Bod?e Program is a one-of-a-kind, nutrient-dense system that features the perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats to achieve a healthy weight. Vemma Bod?e is a healthy weight loss solution or muscle gain program featuring results-oriented products to help you achieve your weight management goal, without sacrificing wellness. Join the Challenge! http://OrangeElite.com/bode/34366.Advertisement
- Fat loss pills are a waste of money. It's worth it for your health and well being to stay in shape the normal way. you will lose weight, but it will be water weight and you will gain it back fast, and might even gain more weight.
- Losing 20 pounds a week is not healthy. Not to mention the excess skin that will be left hanging from losing weight too fast.
- Don't lose hope if you don't see any changes within the first few weeks. Weight loss tends to show after the fourth week so just keep going hard at it!
- If you have the time, you could cook and pack a meal the night before, that way you could easily control your diet and you would know for sure that it's safe and healthy.
- Packaged foods (cookies, junk food, chips) are likely quite unhealthy, even if it has "healthy" or "diet" on their labels. Those are often just marketing gimmicks to lure people into buying their food.
- Always consult your physician before beginning this or any other diet and exercise program.